The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 09, 2005, 08:33pm
Official Forum Member

So what does December look like for you guys. A couple other stray posts mentioned their December schedule. Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is up to. Besides doing the holiday stuff.
Here in So Cal,there is a tourney pretty much every weekend of the year, with few exceptions. Which helps during the off-season.
This weekend is the USSSA Strike Out Hunger tourney. 5 sites, 20 age groups, 159 teams.
Next week is the Christmas tournament. The tournament is just about as big. Last two weeks of the year, week long HS tourneys....what has everyone else got going on??
Old Fri Dec 09, 2005, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

that was a good one, white. December in washington state doesn't really include baseball. In fact, i'm not too sure it is legal to play baseball in december....something to do with copyrights and fair use.....I think Santa Clause owns the rights to december outright.
Old Sat Dec 10, 2005, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

We got indoor leagues in New England.

Infield only, no leading, no sliding, singles and doubles, live piching, all make for an addiciton enabling way to pass the winter.

You are backed up into a corner and catchers aren't too concerned about blocking anything. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to do it and right around now I get jonesing and I call to see if they need anybody.

D