The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 07, 2001, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

After 120 plate appearances, my WV Gold needs a little work. Some stitching needs to be reinforced and some of the velcro straps need replacement.

I already have a new WV Gold on order -- where can I send the old one for reconditioning?
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
try calling where u bought it
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy say what???

After only 120 games and this is happening!!! I'd have a chat with the dealer you purchased it through; or, the manufacturer - this does not sound normal. But then, maybe some others with this vest can shed some more light on the situation.
Did not by any chance use some type of funky cleaner on the vest which may have caused the stitching and elastic to break down did you?
Old Sun Jan 20, 2002, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

Douglas in Texas reconditioned my West Vest a few years ago. Douglas makes padding for football players, etc. You may want to check in advance to see if they repair as well as clean up. The price was reasonable as I recall, but they took a while.
Old Sun Jan 20, 2002, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
Douglas vs West Vest

Quote:
Originally posted by dani
Douglas in Texas reconditioned my West Vest a few years ago. Douglas makes padding for football players, etc. You may want to check in advance to see if they repair as well as clean up. The price was reasonable as I recall, but they took a while.
It is my understanding that Douglas used to be the manufacturer of the West Vest but no longer is. They have their own model of chest protector.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2002, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to etbaseball Send a message via Yahoo to etbaseball
Rich;

I just located my invoice from when I sent my "West Vest - by Douglas" in for reconditioning in September of '98. The charge, at that time, was only $20. for the re-conditioning and $10 for shipping and handling. (ttl $30) BTW I was able to get 300 plates in about 2 1/2 years and I was very satified with the work that was done.

The address is: Douglas, 1331 East 40th, Houston, TX 77022
Tel: (713) 697-9787

Again that was better than 3 years ago so you might try calling first. Good luck.

ED
Old Mon Feb 04, 2002, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

I've got a friend who sends his off to someone to Houston on a fairly regular basis for the velcro work.
Email me if you're interested in sending it there and I'll find out what his cost is, time involved, and scope of work.

Freix