The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

i want to upgrade my shin guards. i have been using the gerry davis model for the past couple of seasons. 120 games a season. they are ok, but a bit bulky.
what is the BEST product out there? - regardless of price. thanks.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 12:50am
Official Forum Member

I don't have them, but the Carlucci ones are the best (I hear.)

I believe Tee has these, he could give you more info.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ggk
i want to upgrade my shin guards. i have been using the gerry davis model for the past couple of seasons. 120 games a season. they are ok, but a bit bulky.
what is the BEST product out there? - regardless of price. thanks.
For years I played around with finding a good set of shin guards that were comfortable and protective too.

Over the winter I had knee surgery and was looking for a little more protection and lo and behold it was right in front of my nose, in my Ice hockey referee equipment bag.

I put my Bauer Pro shin guards on in the spring. I did my last game for the year the other night and was still using them. Not hot at all with or without Under/Armor, much more protective, (especially on the sides of the knee and legs), comfortable and more flexible than any baseball gear I have used to date. Also, they do not stick out anymore than baseball shinguards, with plate pants.

I would highly recommend these for baseball.

Oh, probably around $50.00
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Hmmm,

LDUB intoned:

" . . . but the Carlucci ones are the best . . . "

While it is true that I have Carlucci Leg guards I have found that that piece of equipment is even more personal than a chest protector.

Leg guards are leg guards. There are several great sets that have good coverage and are well made.

The most important issue is FIT.

The advantage of Carlucci is that they are hand made to fit your EXACT measurements. Other guards offer two or three lengths (one size fits all). I like having guards that fit perfectly.

I will say this freely:

In terms of leg guards the price you pay does not mean the guards are better for YOU. Get the right fit and almost any guard will work well.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Hey Tim,

I wasn't aware that Mr. C made shin guards. I have heard and read raves about his chest protectors, can you give us details about his shin guards? Cost, material, pros, cons, etc. Is Mr. C still making them?

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass