The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   plate pants (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/21702-plate-pants.html)

Tim C Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:09pm

While,

Yours may have been POTENTIALLY life threatening (and by no means do I mean to lower the value of what you did) David's was immediate "life threathening" . . . and we are glad he endured.

Al, propets to you . . . I value your involvement.

David, however, faced the Reaper and won.

T

Dave Hensley Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:12pm

Quadruple bypass.

cowbyfan1 Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Hensley
Quadruple bypass.

Is that all?? My friend of mine that went to camp with Tim, some years ago, had 6 done. Seriously though Dave, glad you are doing good.

jumpmaster Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:36am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Hensley
Quadruple bypass.

You da man!

UMP25 Mon Aug 15, 2005 05:32pm

Re: Just an opinion:

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim C

Do not buy pleated pants if you are the least bit heavy (see my column on the paid side of this site).

T

Tim, do you have a link to that article? I'd love to send it to a particular friend of mine who doesn't understand this. Thanks.

bdub712 Mon Aug 15, 2005 06:43pm

RE: plate pants

I have had great success using POS pleated plate as well as their pleated base pants. They advertise these as the "official pant of minor league baseball". I am not sure if they are or not, but they look great and have served me well. I added another pair of plate pants this year and have not been disappointed.

Tim C Mon Aug 15, 2005 08:58pm

oops!

"Tim, do you have a link to that article?"

It is on the PAID side of this site. There is no URL, as you must PAY for my wisdom!

tjones1 Mon Aug 15, 2005 09:01pm

Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:

Originally posted by bdub712
I have had great success using POS pleated plate as well as their pleated base pants. They advertise these as the "official pant of minor league baseball". I am not sure if they are or not, but they look great and have served me well. I added another pair of plate pants this year and have not been disappointed.
Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS, they've been out of stock.

UMP25 Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:01pm

Re: oops!

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim C
...you must PAY for my wisdom!
I heard it's not worth a plugged nickel. :p

UMP25 Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:03pm

Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1

Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS,
they've been out of stock.

Gee, what a surprise! +POS out of stock on something?!?

Having known that place for over 20 years, and having long ago ceased buying from them, I can tell you this much: +POS is pathetic. Their customer service is nonexistent, and many of their products are inferior. Of course, this is my own personal opinion.

briancurtin Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:43pm

Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

Originally posted by bdub712
Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS, they've been out of stock.

since i see you are from illinois: if you really want +POS (to get to your door in a timely fashion) you have to go pick it up on your own. i got my bb2000, AUL mask, and the other single bar mask from them and picked all 3 items up (all from separate trips). thats pretty much the only way to avoid the painfully slow +POS shipping waits. i bought pants and shirts through the mail before (not realizing it was within driving distance, in schaumburg) and it took forever.

my business has gone to honigs since then, and will continue there in the future until they pull a +POS

bob jenkins Tue Aug 16, 2005 08:17am

Re: Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:

Originally posted by briancurtin
since i see you are from illinois: if you really want +POS (to get to your door in a timely fashion) you have to go pick it up on your own.
Even that doesn't always work. I called them (this was a few years ago) and asked if they had "xxxxxxx" (I forget what I was buying) in stock. They said yes, so I told them I'd be right over.

I got the to the "store" and, after a long search, it turns out that they were out. So, they sent them / it to me a couple of weeks later. Charged me shipping. Wouldn't remove it. It would cost me to send the item(s) back, so I kept it / them.

tjones1 Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:15am

I believe it'd be a little far for me to drive. I'll just order from Honig's! :)

bkbjones Tue Aug 16, 2005 03:38pm

I personally (knock on wood) have NEVER had a problem of ANY sort with Honig's, and that goes back to the days when I was doing nothing but officiating year round (FB and BKB).

And, yes, some folks can wear combos, some can't. They look absolutely wonderful on some and crappy on the next guy. Get a pair, try 'em, and if they're not for you, they're not for you. OTOH...