The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

I have to feel for this guy. Last Thursday in the NY/Bos
game he was behind the plate and his strike zone was off that night as both teams were giving him a hard time all night. On sunday night he called Alex Cora out on the double play in the 9th, it was so close that it could have went either way. Francona did come out and talk to Hunter, as Francona didn't seem that mad with him. The fans were all over him though. Last night he had to throw Ron Gardenhour out of the twins. Hopefully for his sake he can have a game where there isn't controversy with him.
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone NOT thrown out Gardenhire this year? He's had some pretty visable meltdowns this year on baseball tonight.

Sometimes all officials go through a period of time where every call is argued, and every game hinges on a very close call you have to make. Hunter will hang in there and be fine.

[Edited by FredFan7 on Jul 19th, 2005 at 04:24 PM]
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 04:18pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by FredFan7

Sometimes all officials go through a period of time where every call is argued, and every game hinges on a very close call you have to make. [Edited by FredFan7 on Jul 19th, 2005 at 04:24 PM]
Certainly know this feeling!!
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Not to criticize Hunter, because I think he's a good umpire (it must be in the genes), but I was at the game Sunday and thought in real-time that Cora was safe. On the dreaded "r-word", I definitely thought he was safe. To Hunter's credit, he had a banger with Giambi earlier in the game and nailed it, much to Joe Torre's dismay.