The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 18, 2005, 08:58am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Hello,

I'd like to purchase a copy of the BRD, but it does not need to be the 2005 version.

If you have an older one (2003 or 2004) I might be interested in purchasing it.

Thanks.
Old Sat Jun 18, 2005, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Hello,

I'd like to purchase a copy of the BRD, but it does not need to be the 2005 version.

If you have an older one (2003 or 2004) I might be interested in purchasing it.

Thanks.
I got 2003, for $50.00 I can send it right out.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 01:12am

$50.00? What a deal! You must be talking about Malta Lira, because surely you're not talking about a currency that is useful.

8:05pm

That's the time of day that I was born. In case you didn't catch it, that is at night. However, it wasn't last night.

If I'm gunna spend fity (US) buks, I will buy a one year membership to officiating.com, then use my gift certificate to get the book for free.

PS: I'm normally stupid enough to actually consider your offer, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Sorry about your luck.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 01:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
$50.00? What a deal! You must be talking about Malta Lira, because surely you're not talking about a currency that is useful.

That's the time of day that I was born. In case you didn't catch it, that is at night. However, it wasn't last night.

If I'm gunna spend fity (US) buks, I will buy a one year membership to officiating.com, then use my gift certificate to get the book for free.

PS: I'm normally stupid enough to actually consider your offer, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Sorry about your luck.
You can actually buy the book without joining, so why you want an old one? If all you want is the book why join for "fity (US) buks", when you can get the book for less without joining?

[Edited by DG on Jun 19th, 2005 at 02:26 AM]
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 05:52am

Most items that are out of date lose a portion of their value. For example, your 2002 sedan is longer worth the MSRP. If someone wants to sell their old book, it's fair to expect that it's cost will not be the same as a new book.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Juggles,

Calm down here!

You can buy the dang thing for $24.95, brand spanking new.
That has got to be less than one game fee. And if you were really interested in improving and doing higher paying and better games, this cost would be trivial.

And better yet, IT's tax deductible.

Hey, don't kill a guy for trying to make a buck. But why wouldn't you want to be up to date on the rules.

One of Carl's recommendations in his book "50 More Ways to Ruin a Baseball Game" is "Fail to keep up with authoriitative opinion". He states, "Learning the rules is not enough. You have to keep up with the changes, official or unofficial; ruination is just around the corner."

In actuallity, I wouldn't sell my 1994, 96, 98, 2000, 01, 02 03 04 or 05 editions. Or even some of the other 25 other books I have on rules, mechanics and baseball officiating, because they are much more valuable than what I paid for them.

But, then again, EVERYTHING, IS NEGOTIABLE.

Good Luck.
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Ah-ha, Another Baseball Collector!

I have never owned 9 copies of the same book. So I would like to know the year of the 1st/ROOKIE BRD edition and the year of the 10th BRD edition. What is the collectors value on the ROOKIE and 10th BRD edition worth in US dollars?

Please consider how many smittys out there can barely afford the $2 paperback copy of LL Rules, each and every year. There are only a few drawings and many smittys never even read it. I wonder if they even know that MLB, LL-BB and LL-SB use basically the same set of OBR rules? I guess smittys get confused when you explain the huge similarities and few differences between BB and girls SB and that is why they have trouble learning the softball rules.

Do you think PapaC will print a smaller $5 paperback verion for all the smittys to enjoy with more pictures and less verbage? After all, he appears to print one every year. There is a guy named Tom Clancy that does it.

Good luck and play FAIR!