The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

FED vs OBR balk

Since all of our leagues play FED in the summer I really get rusty on my OBR.

Last night in a game had a balk followed by the pitch (F1 didn't pause) and the pitch is ball four.

I killed the play as per FED, but then got to thinking about OBR.

Since the pitch was ball four, would not we then ignore the balk in an OBR game since the BR and the R1 both advanced one base?

Had not had this happen in a loooong time since I usually can get the pitcher to stop without throwing, but I do have some OBR tourney's coming and need to get my books out etc.,

thanks
David

edited by DB - sorry for the rushed post but I did have my PBUC manual at the house and its covered in there.

{If a balk is followed by a wild pitch that is strike three or ball four, play proceeds "without reference to the balk" if all runners including B1 advance safely at least one base.}\

Also, (following the play in the Braves game) we had a great play at the plate with F5 gunning runner at the plate. F2 is set up on the plate and a hard sliding R3 and he collide - great play and F2 held the ball.

Coach only had a short question about was the slide legal, but no problem, but I did hear the fans saying that he can't run into the catcher (sigh) Even in FED we can still have a hard collision and it can all be legal.

Maybe one day they will learn.

[Edited by David B on Jun 8th, 2005 at 11:51 AM]