The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Once in a while you hear a stupid one-liner from a disagreeing fan or coach:

"Get a real job!", "Where's your seeing-eye dog!", etc...

What's the best one-liner you've heard?
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

The best one liner I've heard this year was a compilation of comments from a fan and a catcher.

The fan said "Come on, blue, learn to call a curve ball"

The catcher looked over at the fan and said "He has to throw one that curves first".

Old Fri May 13, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

OR, what is the best one-liner you have used on a coach. I hate to admit this, but was PU, coach had complained earlier about a few pitches, I stared, he stopped. Later, we have a play at the plate, I call out, he states that the tag was high (he is standing in the 3B box). I look at him and say "Since you have a better angle, next time I will check with you first". I know I shouldn't have said it, but it felt GREAT.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

I've always liked this one:

"C'mon, ump, one more eye and you'd be a cyclops!"
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

asking for time

Once I had a coach ask for time he said
"Time Mr. Perfect" I thought it was a great line.

Old Fri May 13, 2005, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

The tried and true response to "Come on blue, you're missing a good game!" --- "I know, but my scheduler sent me here."

Best chuckle I've had from a player this week - 12U pitcher throws a ball that starts over the plate and curves in at least 8 inches, maybe more. She hadn't thrown a curve all year, and I have a great relationship with this catcher. Me - "Holy cow, was that a curveball?" Her - "Uh... not on purpose." Same game, same catcher. After a walk, next pitch, F2 guns to first, nailing runner, but F3 forgot to tag. Next pitch, stealing 2nd, F2 guns her out but F6 dropped the ball. Next pitch stealing 3rd, perfect throw - high tag. F2 says to me - "Guess I have to get this girl out myself!" Then says, "Look out, I'm going to miss this one." Sure enough, next pitch gets by her (and me), she flies back to the backstop and somehow gets back in time for the tag. F1 was still 4 steps away when the play was made. She tags her out, and as she's putting the mask back on, just grins at me with a cheshire cat, "Look what I just did" grin on her face.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

"I know, but my scheduler sent me here"

I like that
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Best one-liner, that's easy. "You are f***ing kidding". It's a great line because then I get to get rid of a pain in my a**.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TBBlue
Play at plate, runner makes great slide, catcher makes better play and gets tag down. 3b Coach..."Not your fault runner. If I had known he didn't have to tag you, I wouldn't have sent you".
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

College game. BU says "That is a balk!" Student fan starts yelling in complete sentences only, making fun of the verbose call by BU. Student says something like "That is a balk because the pitcher failed to comply with rule six dot two five. He must come to a complete stop...JUST SAY ITS A BALK BLUE!"

Funny stuff.

My favorite one liner is "punch a hole in that mask blue". Works great when PU is wearing the light weight +POS with thick bars.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

How about, "Hey Blue, Have you always been a lousy umpire ?"

Doug
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Plate umpire ejects coach and says "go where i can't see you."

Coach then stands on home plate and says "ok, i'm here, because you haven't seen anything here all day."
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

Bottom of the last, visitors by 1, R2 & R3 2out.
B1 hits foul next 2 pitchs ball\ball then HR
Runners all run the bases
Before PU calls the game defensive coach runs on the field shouting at F4 to appeal R2
Coach "He didn't tag up after the foul"
PU calls game and everyone leaves the ground smiling
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
The tried and true response to "Come on blue, you're missing a good game!" --- "I know, but my scheduler sent me here."

Best chuckle I've had from a player this week - 12U pitcher throws a ball that starts over the plate and curves in at least 8 inches, maybe more. She hadn't thrown a curve all year, and I have a great relationship with this catcher. Me - "Holy cow, was that a curveball?" Her - "Uh... not on purpose." Same game, same catcher. After a walk, next pitch, F2 guns to first, nailing runner, but F3 forgot to tag. Next pitch, stealing 2nd, F2 guns her out but F6 dropped the ball. Next pitch stealing 3rd, perfect throw - high tag. F2 says to me - "Guess I have to get this girl out myself!" Then says, "Look out, I'm going to miss this one." Sure enough, next pitch gets by her (and me), she flies back to the backstop and somehow gets back in time for the tag. F1 was still 4 steps away when the play was made. She tags her out, and as she's putting the mask back on, just grins at me with a cheshire cat, "Look what I just did" grin on her face.
Great story.
Old Sat May 14, 2005, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

FED varsity game the other night. Home Team up 8-5--their coach and I have always gotten along very well; I've known him for years. Anyways, Away team has R2, R3, no outs, 3-2 pitch belt high just misses inside. I call Ball 4...response:

"Geez that was close! He should be called out for just taking that pitch!"