The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed May 11, 2005, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, I'd like to have your opinions though.

I was paired up with a real a$$hole last night. First year guy, I really believe he was just looking to toss someone before the year ended.

He warned a student 1b coach to stay in his coaching box. When the coach sneaked out again (he was stealing signs) my partner started chewing out the HC at 3rd base. After the third out, the coach calmly asked my partner if he warned his 1b coach. When the conversation took place, I started walking out towards the conversation. I hear the coach say "Don't chew my a$$ like that, if he's doing something wrong, we can fix it, but there's no reason to talk to me like that". I started hurrying up as soon as I heard the word A$$. Too late, my partner tossed him. He left quitely. The factors here were:

1. The coach was not out of line one bit. Even after his EJ he was calm and professional.

2. The obscenity wasn't loud enough but for us (I was maybe 10 feet away when he said it) to hear.

3. My partner caused this EJ. He didn't have to act like a harda$$ towards this coach.

I didn't say a word. My partner ran him, thats the way it is. I didn't like it, but I backed his decision. I'm pretty sure I did the right thing. I also let my assignor know what happened and this guys lack of professionalism, poor mechanics, and general bad attitude. I hate "snitching" on other blues, but this guy made me and our whole association look bad.

To make it more interesting, an evaluator was there looking at us. I didn't know this until I talked to my assignor.

Even though the EJ was wrong, I did the right thing by standing behind my partner didn't I?

I know it may sound like a dumb question, It's just bothering me.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

[Edited by aevans410 on May 11th, 2005 at 08:31 AM]