The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 07, 2005, 12:01am
Official Forum Member

The third out of an inning is just recorded and the teams are switching positions. The third base coach (who's team is now coming out to play defense) stops at the mound and has a talk with the pitcher for a good minute or two.

Do you charge a conference? How much time will you give a manager on his way back to the dugout to talk to a pitcher without charging him for a conference?
Old Sat May 07, 2005, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by largeone59
The third out of an inning is just recorded and the teams are switching positions. The third base coach (who's team is now coming out to play defense) stops at the mound and has a talk with the pitcher for a good minute or two.

Do you charge a conference? How much time will you give a manager on his way back to the dugout to talk to a pitcher without charging him for a conference?
No. His pitcher gets a minute to warmup. If he uses it up talking to him then he gets no warmups. If the batter is ready and he is still out there charge a conference.
Old Sat May 07, 2005, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by largeone59

FED Case Book 3.4.1 Situation H: "Between innings the coach of Team A walks from the third base coach's box to the pitcher's mound and porceeds to visit F1. RULING: F1 has one minute in which to complete his warmup throws. At that point, the coach should leave the field. The umpire should not allow play to begin until the coach is off the field. The umpire may assess the coach a charged conference if he delays in leaving the field."
Old Sat May 07, 2005, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

thanks guys