The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 20, 2005, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Top 3rd. One out, R2. Defensive coach comes out to discuss substitions (he's bringing in a new outfielder but must not have had a clear "18 in for 23" situation, it took quite a discussion).

During this conversation with the plate umpire the pitcher from the rubber gets in several additional warmup pitches. Any problems with this? This was a Fed game but I wouldn't find hearing from any book.

I hope this doesn't have the same fate as the Coach Bringing Ball onto Field During a Conf thread.
Old Wed Apr 20, 2005, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

I don't have a problem with this. Was it cold? Maybe the pitcher didn't want to tighten up during the conference. Probably had to be there, but based on what you have given, let him toss the ball. If I am PU and this is a legitimate conversation with the coach, let the kid throw.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Old Wed Apr 20, 2005, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moorg
Top 3rd. One out, R2. Defensive coach comes out to discuss substitions (he's bringing in a new outfielder but must not have had a clear "18 in for 23" situation, it took quite a discussion).

During this conversation with the plate umpire the pitcher from the rubber gets in several additional warmup pitches. Any problems with this? This was a Fed game but I wouldn't find hearing from any book.

I hope this doesn't have the same fate as the Coach Bringing Ball onto Field During a Conf thread.
I hate to say it but we're getting kind of rediculous with our arguments.

If we're discussing something with a coach, what should we care if F1 wants to throw with F2 or another fielder. For that matter the baserunners might want to go talk to their coach at the same time.

The only time this would be an issue by rule is if F1 was delaying the ballgame.

Common sense. The only time the rules talk about pitch counts is when we have a new pitcher or the start of a new inning.

thanks
David
Old Wed Apr 20, 2005, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by officialtony
I don't have a problem with this. Was it cold?
No.

Thanks for the replies. Asked and answered.