The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Doing a U14 game Sunday, just as F1 was starting his wind up, one catcher would jump sideways about a foot to set up on the outside corner. It left me feeling a bit naked.

Is it better to stay locked in & a bit naked, or slide that foot with the catcher & set up during the pitch??
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
Doing a U14 game Sunday, just as F1 was starting his wind up, one catcher would jump sideways about a foot to set up on the outside corner. It left me feeling a bit naked.

Is it better to stay locked in & a bit naked, or slide that foot with the catcher & set up during the pitch??
While I would prefer to stay locked in, it would depend on the quality of the pitcher and catcher. At 14U this could be very good, or not. If the pitcher has good control and the catcher is good I would feel more confident that the pitch is going outside and more inclined to stay where I am. If pitcher is wild and/or catcher not so good, I move with the catcher. I have time to make a one foot adjustment at TOP.
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 05:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado

While it can become a new adventure in pain management, it is better to stay locked in positon. I look at it this way, I've got protection and I trust my gear; how can you not trust a WV Platinum? My job is to track that pitch and hopefully ring up a strike so I don't want to miss a beat.

Besides, the only time I feel naked is when I'm getting changed in the public locker room in the parking lot!