The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 21, 2005, 07:56pm
M.A.S.H.

Just got home from my first game of the season. For the most part things went real well, I know I should have ejected a player in the first inning for complaining about a strike call, but I just chewed on him a little -- I guess I was having a good day. Other than that I was seeing the ball real well and had a good time!!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Just got home from my first game of the season. For the most part things went real well, I know I should have ejected a player in the first inning for complaining about a strike call, but I just chewed on him a little -- I guess I was having a good day. Other than that I was seeing the ball real well and had a good time!!
If all the player is doing is complaining, you can deal with that quietly. If the player starts to show you up then he's history.

I find that complainers usually respond very well to a simple phrase: "Sir, players stay inside the fence; complainers go home! Which one are you?"
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 08:28am
M.A.S.H.

I don't mind complainers, however he said "that's bull$hit." Like I said, I should have tossed him, however I just chewed on him pretty hard and let him know that was the only time I was going to let it go. Never happened again.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I don't mind complainers, however he said "that's bull$hit." Like I said, I should have tossed him, however I just chewed on him pretty hard and let him know that was the only time I was going to let it go. Never happened again.
Bye Bye He's GONE.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 03:31pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by gobama84
Quote:
Bye Bye He's GONE.
Yeah like I said, I really chewed on him. I've got three more trips to that school (4 games -- one is a DH) so we'll see if he tries anything again.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Batter - "That's Bull$hit!"

Me - "No Sir, not on my field. The bull's over there on that farm. Why don't you go and visit him!"

Me - "Coach, I need another batter over here!"
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:44pm
Official Forum Member

Yep, you cuss, you're GONE!