The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

For those of you fortunate enough to be calling ball at this date. I'm jealous. I still have a foot of snow in my backyard (north side of the house) and if it gets to be 40 degrees we feel really lucky. One of the benefits of living in a state of less than 1/2 million people.
I have been reading a few of the posts and I am wondering why many of you have been inserting f-f-f-f in place of certain swear words. Not that I am a puritan by any means (Carl can attest to that) just curious as to why.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thane Yennie
For those of you fortunate enough to be calling ball at this date. I'm jealous. I still have a foot of snow in my backyard (north side of the house) and if it gets to be 40 degrees we feel really lucky. One of the benefits of living in a state of less than 1/2 million people.
I have been reading a few of the posts and I am wondering why many of you have been inserting f-f-f-f in place of certain swear words. Not that I am a puritan by any means (Carl can attest to that) just curious as to why.
Stay tuned. Someone has corrupted the board. Any word with the letters a-s-s in it (such as a-s-sociation) is being automatically corrupted. I'm sure the board admin will fix this soon. Until then, be cautious of your word choice.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Talking just finished a game.....

Thane:
Just came in from a game a little while ago. The game ended with both of us soaking wet. Oh, I forgot to say what kind of game didn't I. It was "SNOWBALLS"! We got sick of shovelling all the white stuff falling from the heavens, and I have to admit I did launch the first volley. The old man hasn't lost his aim yet. Got my son right square in the back of the head with a nice mushie one! Then he fired off about half a dozen cruise missiles. That's when the old brain turned back on and remembered his arm is 30 years younger.
Game to be resumed tomorrow, if we get the next 24" they are calling for.
Anyone care to stop in and officiate?????

Quote:
Originally posted by Thane Yennie
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 05:54pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Mea Culpa!

Sorry folks - It was me!

I was actually making a change to PREVENT those words from coming up, but I did not quite read the instructions as carefully as I should have!

Sorry about that - the problem is fixed!
Closed Thread