The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Lil League vs NFHS

There seem to be more styles of jackets available this year.
What style jacket are officials going to this season?

Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 04:51pm
M.A.S.H.

I wear the all navy jacket from Honig's. Nice jacket!
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Honig's K17P. I think that is the model number. I didn't look it up, so if I am wrong, my bad.
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

A sore subject here. I bought two new pullovers over the winter. In keeping with what my association used, I purchased the Honigs navy with red shoulder striping jackets, plate and bases.

Then, a week prior to our first meeting, I received a phone call that the board had decided that all varsity umpires must wear the black with white shoulder striping pullover.

It would seem more logical to announce uniform changes in the fall so umpires who upgrade or purchase replacements over the winter aren't wasting their money. But that's another thread.
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
A sore subject here. I bought two new pullovers over the winter. In keeping with what my association used, I purchased the Honigs navy with red shoulder striping jackets, plate and bases.

Then, a week prior to our first meeting, I received a phone call that the board had decided that all varsity umpires must wear the black with white shoulder striping pullover.

It would seem more logical to announce uniform changes in the fall so umpires who upgrade or purchase replacements over the winter aren't wasting their money. But that's another thread.
You should call Honig's and ask for an exchange or try to sell them on EBay. I got a pretty good price for my used K17.
Old Wed Mar 02, 2005, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrm21711
Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB

You should call Honig's and ask for an exchange or try to sell them on EBay. I got a pretty good price for my used K17.
The problem is I wore them at Jim Evans Desert Classic. I will keep the base pullover for use at independent tournies where umpires come in from other areas. Most of them have the Navy and Red. I will try to sell the plate pullover on EBay.