The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 02, 2004, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

I wonder if there anybody know how to solve my problem. I'm an umpire in our league (Slovenia - Europe). We're in finals (games for 1st and 2nd place). Today happened something new for me.
Situation:
- runners on 1st and 3rd, enter player for home team with No. 87, which does not exist on line up and even not on rooster for that categorie (senior) - No 87 played for cadets (12 - 15 years old).
- opponent apealed for that batter after his turn (No 87 was Striked out)
- home team made a substitute for that batter and put the propper player instead of him.
- opponent requested for winning the game after that mistake of a home team, they wrote a protest for that action happened with player No. 87.

The question is. Is the game suspended or not? Is the game ended with winning of a opponent team? What shall I do? Or what can I do? Please help me in that furious situation.
Old Sat Oct 02, 2004, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

This should be covered by your league's rules. In germany, this is pretty simple: If he is not on the line-up, he's not allowed to play and whenever a player who is not allowed to play plays, the game can be protested and will be scored 9:0 for the other team.

Anyway, when the coach tried to substitute a player that is not on the line-up, you should have warned that coach.

Anyway, you should not have to worry about that decision now since that is up to the league commissioner.
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

Over here, the reserves do not need to be listed on the lineup card given to the PU. If your league has special rules about players entering the game who are not on the roster, then that may be protestable.