The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Hey WBAH . . why should I post my address for someone who hasn't the guts to post his name?

I told you how to find it. You can also find an address at http://www.eteamz.com/owego that you can use.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Been out of town on business for a while. Had to double check the settings on my "favorites". I was sure I stumbled into a thread at McGriffs.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 12:22pm

You challenged me to prove the books exist. Others have supported my claim, told you that the books are real and issued to professional umpires, but that is not enough. I offered to photocopy the cover and mail it to you. I called your bluff and now you are the one hiding.

You must be the last daft person in your state. I have said numerous times that I will not provide a means for identifying myself. Giving an email address or sending you an email that can then be traced back to myself, my businesses or a source related to me is too easy.

If you choose to hide your physical address from prying eyes, then you are living in a glass house. You don't want to make it easy for those who despise you to wield the hammer of revenge, but you want me to take the mask off. Nice try, but you're not that clever. The offer was made and it still stands.

You remind me of the guy who never made it as a cop, but has a scanner in each room and read all of the law enforcement rags. You never made it, so you want to have the same knowledge as those that did. It has become painfully obvious that it will never happen.

I though this was fitting for you:

(It’s one thing to be certain. It’s another to be certain and wrong.)
~ John Kerry from the 9/30/04 Presidential debate
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe this will help stem the flow:

Owego Little League
Rich Ives
Hyde Park
PO Box 2
Owego, New York
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

well, there ya go....time to put up or......nah, won't happen in a million years *grin*
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LMan
well, there ya go....time to put up or......nah, won't happen in a million years *grin*
Now he's probably worried about leaving his DNA on the envelope and having his identity revealed.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 02:41pm

It's going in the mail on Monday.

Garth,
If you want in on this battle...let me know. Otherwise, I suggest that you stand back.

As an ex-law enforcement officer, I would think you would think better than doing a hit and run. Those guys are cowards, aren't they?
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
It's going in the mail on Monday.

Garth,
If you want in on this battle...let me know. Otherwise, I suggest that you stand back.

This is a battle? It looks more like a pillow fight. I was about to suggest you all just straighten out your skirts and go home.

As an ex-law enforcement officer, I would think you would think better than doing a hit and run. Those guys are cowards, aren't they?

Somebody ran?

[Edited by GarthB on Oct 1st, 2004 at 04:46 PM]
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

piling on---15 yard penalty.
WCB- you take frontal hits with frontal attacks, but some people do drive by shootings.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Maybe this will help stem the flow:

Owego Little League
Rich Ives
Hyde Park
PO Box 2
Owego, New York
See WCB - it's really easy. Just took a tiny bit of brain power. BTW, you can leave out the "Hyde Park" part of the address. It may take awhile to get to me as I'm not the one who checks the league mail.

If you go poking around officiating.com a bit more, you'll find a bio on me too.

As I said, the gutless one is the one who refuses to identify himself.

p.s. (the edit) Don't forget that I never said it didn't exist, only that I'd never heard of it or seen it. While you're at it, copy a couple of pages of the red and green books illustrating where the rules are different. Thanks.

BTW, didn't the Supremes just rule that a person who refuses to identify himself can be attested for it (interfering with governmental administration or some such)?

[Edited by Rich Ives on Oct 1st, 2004 at 05:03 PM]
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
piling on---15 yard penalty.
WCB- you take frontal hits with frontal attacks, but some people do drive by shootings.
While I won't pretend to know what you're talking about, here is an easy way to resolve this:

Rich: Write to WUA and ask them for a description of these alleged "rule" books. Windy seems to be tap dancing afer his initial post. Most likely they were League books that contained the ML rules and different League interpretations. The rules were most assuredly the same. The interps and instructions to umpires no doubt had differences. It's quite possible that with the end of "league" umpires, they are no longer published.

I'm sure the WUA will give you a straight and accurate answer.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 04:21pm

Wow, a logical response! More than a few of us have said this all along.

Mr. Ives,
You implied that you were in "The Show Me State" - the last time I checked that was Missouri. That was misleading - a lie, as it were, since you did nothing to clear up that misclonception. Someone else had to provide an address for you - a P.O. Box for an association, you pansy! You will get exactly what I offered all along. Learn to read.

From your fingertips -
BTW, didn't the Supremes just rule that a person who refuses to identify himself can be attested for it (interfering with governmental administration or some such)?

The word is "ARRESTED" and that is if they don't identify themselves to a sworn law enforcement official when requested. It must be done in person and with cause. Since you don't meet eithe of those requirements, you are invited to G.F.Y.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 05:33pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Wow, a logical response! More than a few of us have said this all along.

Mr. Ives,
You implied that you were in "The Show Me State" - the last time I checked that was Missouri. That was misleading - a lie, as it were, since you did nothing to clear up that misclonception. Someone else had to provide an address for you - a P.O. Box for an association, you pansy! You will get exactly what I offered all along. Learn to read.

From your fingertips -

The word is "ARRESTED" and that is if they don't identify themselves to a sworn law enforcement official when requested. It must be done in person and with cause. Since you don't meet eithe of those requirements, you are invited to G.F.Y.
From your fingertips also:
- "miscloneception"?- Did you try to clone yourself, Windy, and you missed?
- "eithe"?- The eithe of Missouri are upon you? Nice lisp (or lipth) you got there!

-plus one of those mandatory edits!

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Oct 1st, 2004 at 06:38 PM]
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue

Garth,

Ooooooooo, Garth, you should be very scared. The number one WindBag on the internet has you in his sites.

Hey, WindBag, contrary to your assertions, you've yet to provide any evidence that red and green books have any relevance to the games that umpires on this forum work. Those books only apply to the big leagues. They don't apply to the minor leagues. Are you adding Major League Baseball umpiring to your resume?

If not, then these books are only a wannabee's souvenirs. Congratulations, WindBag, you own the souvenirs and we don't. Without a big league appointment, you own the equivalent of a freezer in Antarctica. We're very impressed.

Garth, let us bow down before the greatness that is WindBag.

One more thing, WindBag. I never heard anyone deny the existence of books of interpretations in MLB. What we have denied, is that these interpetations are a separate rulebook. The falsehood of a separate rulebook that only the great WindBag has seen is one that you continue to perpetuate.
Old Fri Oct 01, 2004, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

WCB: "You implied that you were in "The Show Me State" - the last time I checked that was Missouri. That was misleading - a lie, as it were, since you did nothing to clear up that misclonception."

What I said was "We're all from Missoui - show us" - a common American usage that means "I don't believe it until I see it." If you were conversant in American slang you'd know that. You'd also recognize that, as I used 'we" and 'us' it was referring to the group, not me. Besides, my bio on the site has where I'm from and I have my e-mail in my profile.

WCB: "If you choose to hide your physical address from prying eyes, then you are living in a glass house."

It's not hidden. It's in the phone book. The LL address is an alternate that is slightly more accessable.

arrested/attested - hey, the t is next to r. So I can't type - big deal.

BTW, what's a "misclonception"