The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 26, 2004, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member

my son has purchased his own hat to wear, he plays in Cal Ripken league 11-12 year olds, he bought a Cardinals official hat, we can't find it in the rule book that says he can't during regular season, but needs to wear matching uniforms during tournament play, tonight the baseball commissioner took him off the mound in the 3rd inning to remove the hat. what is your advice on this?
Old Wed May 26, 2004, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bball
my son has purchased his own hat to wear, he plays in Cal Ripken league 11-12 year olds, he bought a Cardinals official hat, we can't find it in the rule book that says he can't during regular season, but needs to wear matching uniforms during tournament play, tonight the baseball commissioner took him off the mound in the 3rd inning to remove the hat. what is your advice on this?
If his team wears Cardinal hats I don't understand why the Commissioner would take this action. If his team wears something other than Cardinal hats then he needs to wear what the rest of the team is wearing, during games. He can wear his Cardinal hat before and after games all he wants. If his team wears something other than Cardinal hats I don't know why his coach would let him play with a non-standard team hat. I wouldn't. Why would he want to wear something different than the rest of his team, and why would you want him to do so. I don't get it...

By the way, I think the commissioner should have directed the team manager to take the appropriate action vs. doing so himself.

[Edited by DG on May 26th, 2004 at 11:47 PM]