Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 01:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
Wink

Bob,

On May 22nd, you replied to my post, More On The GD, saying you stand about 9’ behind the plate.

I responded that I thought I was about 6’-7’ feet back and that 9’ seemed a little far back.

Well today I did my 3rd game using the GDS, but this time I paid more attention to how far I was back from the plate and not just how far I was back behind the catcher.

Looks like you nailed it ! I was 9’ – 10’ back. Boy, it sure sounds like a long way to be back behind the plate, but it works the best. I also started using the distance from the plate as my reference, rather than the distance from the catcher. Went through 4 catchers in today’s game, and they all were very inconsistent as to how far they set up behind the plate from pitch to pitch. I like just picking one spot, about 9’ish feet back, and staying there the whole game.

Thanks.

Nick
Old Tue May 25, 2004, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Isn't it funny!

how many people yelled for you to get up to the plate so you could see the ball???

Of course the bigger the game, the more the yelling, but last week in playoffs I was laughing at one guy who said "you're so far behind the plate, you must be a t'ball umpire".

I almost knocked my mask off laughing so hard.

When will they learn??????

Thanks
David

Quote:
Originally posted by nickrego
Bob,

On May 22nd, you replied to my post, More On The GD, saying you stand about 9’ behind the plate.

I responded that I thought I was about 6’-7’ feet back and that 9’ seemed a little far back.

Well today I did my 3rd game using the GDS, but this time I paid more attention to how far I was back from the plate and not just how far I was back behind the catcher.

Looks like you nailed it ! I was 9’ – 10’ back. Boy, it sure sounds like a long way to be back behind the plate, but it works the best. I also started using the distance from the plate as my reference, rather than the distance from the catcher. Went through 4 catchers in today’s game, and they all were very inconsistent as to how far they set up behind the plate from pitch to pitch. I like just picking one spot, about 9’ish feet back, and staying there the whole game.

Thanks.