The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Yesterday I added a couple of shirts to my wardrobe and am not sure what color of undershirt is to be worn underneath them. The shirts I picked up are Cream and Black. Is there a certain color that should be worn underneath these? Here's the color combinations I'm sure of:

Shirt - Undershirt
Navy - Red
Powder - Navy
Powder(w/red) - Red
Red - Navy
Cream - ???
Black - ???
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know about creme, but around here you wear black under black. Thats what I see on TV too.
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Patrick Szalapski
Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
I don't know about creme, but around here you wear black under black. Thats what I see on TV too.
I'm happy to see the Major League umpires once again using Powder Blue shirts--my favorite color. You just can't keep up with the trends!

P-Sz
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
under black i wear white and under cream i wear black
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Szalapski
I'm happy to see the Major League umpires once again using Powder Blue shirts--my favorite color. You just can't keep up with the trends!
Ohh me too. I really like powder blue also. Do any of you still wear the old style button down powder blue shirts?
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

I keep it simple:

I wear navy under everything. Although the last time I went to the store to buy shirts they were all out of navy, so I had to buy 5 black shirts. I'll save those for football and hockey and get some more navy in the next couple of weeks though.

Yep. Navy under everything.

-Craig
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Szalapski
Ohh me too. I really like powder blue also. Do any of you still wear the old style button down powder blue shirts?
Never had a button down powder blue. I used to have Elbeco shirts that did not button down, but have not used one in years.
Old Wed May 12, 2004, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

I basically use 3 colors for undershirts, grey, blue, and black. I have grey and navy cotton shirts, and navy and black "wicking shirts". The navy wicking shirt is a mock turtle and the black one is a V neck.

I use the wicking shirts when it is warm, ie 75 degrees or more. I use the cotton shirts when it is cooler.

When it is cooler I am generally in a navy shirt with a navy or grey undershirt. Grey is used when behind the plate because nobody knows what color you have on, and blue on bases.

When it is warmer is when I might use the powder blue or cream shirts. Again, behind the plate it don't matter if use the navy mock turtle wicking shirt or the black V neck, but it will be one of those. When on bases I would wear the black V neck with cream or powder blue, because nobody will know the color since it is a V neck.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. My favorite shirt is the black V neck wicking shirt and my favorite material is the blue mock turtle. Honigs is coming out with a black V neck in the same material as the blue mock turtle in June, and when they do I am going to stock up on black V necks, and use them for all warm weather games regardless of exterior shirt color.
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

wear black under cream. Wear dri-fit shirts under tops, not cotton. Want to get the gray that was introduced last year, but will wait till next year.
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Shirts

Around here.... (Ontario), most guys just wear the typical navy blue shirts. Quite a number of Level III guys wear the reds occasionally, and a select number of guys have purchased blacks...
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

This is almost getting to be like a rainbow. Think about it. Officials are paid (most of us) to make decisions and we can't decide what color shirt to wear???????????????
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

just got black

Yesterday, I fugure it is trimed with white, I wear white. The creams appear to be trimmed with black, therefore wear black. I can't wait for the grey's but no one really has them available.

on a similar note, how many of you use the McDavid pants under your pants?? I've been told by two guys recently that it's the only way to go but havent tried them yet. What is everyones opinion.
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Re: just got black

Quote:
Originally posted by 3appleshigh
Yesterday, I fugure it is trimed with white, I wear white. The creams appear to be trimmed with black, therefore wear black. I can't wait for the grey's but no one really has them available.

on a similar note, how many of you use the McDavid pants under your pants?? I've been told by two guys recently that it's the only way to go but havent tried them yet. What is everyones opinion.
We wear red under blue and black under black. Sometimes we wear red under black, it just depends on the day and if the sun is out; am I having a bad hair day; what nail polish I have on; the color of the teams uniforms.....a slave to fashion.

Old Thu May 13, 2004, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

weak my mcdavid's or my underarmour under my pants depending on the temp. I like the feel and reduces rubbing on my skin of shin guards.