The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

I'm looking for forearm protection for the umpire NOT the batter. Is there anything out there??? I'm so tired of getting my left arm pounded. I've put my arms in front between my legs, behind my back, etc...Somehow that darn ball always seems to find my wrist, eforearm, or elbow...
What's out there???
Sam
McKinney, TX
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Patrick Szalapski
I've never used anything except what's on my chest protector--but I have taken a few smacks.

Carl Childress suggested using youth shin guards from Wal-Mart in this thread: http://officialforum.com/showthread....369#post145369
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Forearm Protection

There is a guy in my association who uses pads on his forearms that are normally used by football players. Looks kind of silly to me without sleeves, but protection is protection and our UIC has not said anything about them.

Michael

Old Mon May 10, 2004, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Are all of you using the Gerry Davis stance?
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Patrick Szalapski
Not me, though I'd like to learn it maybe someday...

Never had a problem with being too tired. Then again, I refuse everything more than two games/day.

P-Sz
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Arm Pads

Does anyone know of any pads that can cover more of the upper arm (ie - bicep area).

I will never wear anything on my forearms, as that would look rediculous, and there is no need.... but does anyone know where I can get extra pads for the upper arm areas?
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Want to feel good?-----Or look good?

Since I'd rather NOT get hit, than worry about how it looks, I wear a Cooper hockey arm shiv which protects from the wrist up to the upper bicep.

I got fed up with getting hit, and started looking for some kind of "Umpire Armor" ala Barry Bonds style arm protection. Not much available, but the local sporting goods dealer suggested the Hockey pad.

If anyone wearing a "bird cage" on their head, looking "bulked up" like the incredible hulk, pants that look like 60's bell-bottoms, and patent leather shoes is worried about what they'll look like with a pad on their arm, they need to re-examine their priorities.

Get your arm protection, once you're used to it, you'll be fine.

Senior
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Arm Pads

I don't disagree that it might not look so "great", wearing arm protection, But after getting hit in the same spot 3 times in 10 days...My left arm is so puffed up it looks rediculous too.

About "stance"...I think "stance" goes out the window when a 7, 8, 9, or 10 year old catcher, Boys Baseball or Girls Softball...It doesn't matter, desides to play dodge ball with the pitcher!!

I don't about you fellows, but all my games aren't "Select" Boys Baseball ages 13 and up.
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Additional info on same subject

On the same subject matter, check out the Davis-ing today thread for some interesting information. You'll be surprised to see some of the users of forearm protection identify themselves.

Senior