The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Does anyone use this mask? If so, please provide some feedback on whether or not you like it and why. I am interested in hearing if it is truly as lightweight as they claim as well as if it provides a larger field of vision than conventional masks. I believe this is the same mask that Gerry Davis sells as the "new view" mask. Thanks!
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
I have one...used it today. It is lighter than my old WV mask. (Not sure how it might compare to the new +POS mask, but I didn't have to deal with +POS to get it either.) The field of view is larger than a traditional mask but not as large as a helmet. But I prefer a traditional mask. Works well with a 4-stitch combo hat, but don't know how it would work with a longer bill hat. All in all, I'm please with it.

Got mine from Lester's Upstate Sports for $85.
Old Thu Apr 08, 2004, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Delaware Blue
I have one...used it today. It is lighter than my old WV mask. (Not sure how it might compare to the new +POS mask, but I didn't have to deal with +POS to get it either.)
I was looking at the new +POS too but got a great deal on the Wilson on Ebay. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
Quote:
The field of view is larger than a traditional mask.
I'm excited about this. I currently have a double bar mask to I'm looking forward to the increased field of vision.

Quote:
Works well with a 4-stitch combo hat.
I use a 4-stitch too so that's encouraging.

Quote:
Got mine from Lester's Upstate Sports for $85.
Got mine on Ebay for $61 (+ $10 Shipping). Couldn't pass up the deal. That's why I didn't get +POS. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.