The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 25, 2004, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

I'm not trying to split hairs here, I am just having a hard time unerstanding a rule. NFHS rules.

Pitcher in the windup. Glove hand is in front of his body and the other hand is at his side. He deeps the hands there and steps back with his non pivot foot. He thens stops all together. Infraction or not.

NFHS rules say that the TOP in this situation is any movement with the arm(s) or leg(s) AFTER bringing the hands together. Am I reading this right? If I am then there is no infraction, as he is not committed to the plate until there is movement AFTER his hands are brought together.
Old Thu Mar 25, 2004, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

Balk. One hand and one leg is 'start of normal delivery'. Just the hand, settling into glove is most likely ok, when hand goes to glove and non-pivot goes back (as usual for start of windup), you have a start of delivery........
Old Thu Mar 25, 2004, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

NFHS Rule 6.1.2 " After he starts his movement to pitch, he must continue the motion without interruption or alteration". Balk. See penalty under 6.2.4.d, "failing to pitch to the batter in a continous motion immediately after any movement of any part of the body such as he habitually uses in his delivery".