The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 03, 2004, 05:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Smile

Had my first HS game of the season today. I'm in the field. First batter walked on 4 pitches. He was picked off before the 5th. What a way to start the season.
We played 7 full and neither of us had a coach say a word to us the entire game.
I also had a DP and a banger to end the game. Was actually a pretty busy day for me in the field.
Todays game looks like it will be cancelled due to weather (rain). Wouldn't be varsity season unless we lost the first 2 weeks to weather..

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2004, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Yeeee Haw !!!!

It's coming soon....

We are supposed to start next week. There is still snow on the ground and the temperature today is about 30 with high winds. Sounds like our typical spring baseball weather here in Idaho.

Looking forward to the nicer weather... in fact I have to go ski patrol tomorrow... so no matter the weather there is still something to do.

Play Ball!
Old Fri Mar 05, 2004, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Had my first HS game of the season today. I'm in the field. First batter walked on 4 pitches. He was picked off before the 5th. What a way to start the season.
We played 7 full and neither of us had a coach say a word to us the entire game.
I also had a DP and a banger to end the game. Was actually a pretty busy day for me in the field.
Todays game looks like it will be cancelled due to weather (rain). Wouldn't be varsity season unless we lost the first 2 weeks to weather..
My season started two weeks ago. Only major problem has been two catchers that let pitches in the dirt bounce and get past them. They were setting up way back (more like youth ball catchers) and couldn't get the bounces. Took glancing blows off my right forearm that didn't really hurt but pulled up skin slabs. I bleed like a stuck pig because I'm on blood thinners. ;o]

Coaches on the whole have been reasonably well behaved. However, when regular league games start I know things will become a little more tense. On a whole though in our area, most of the other guys are experiencing a little more problems than usual. In our area a team can make the playoffs if they wish AND they have better than a .500 record for the whole year. We believe that this may have a little impact since every game could affect whether or not a team makes the playoffs come May.

U007
Old Fri Mar 05, 2004, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

Just west of Chicago, our first games are about 2 weeks out. Been cool, rainy and wet and the forecast is much the same for the foreseeable future. It will take some time for the fields to dry out. We will see when we get our first games in.

Carol Stream, Illinois
NFHS
ASA