The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to blarson
I apologize if you've seen this on other boards.

Received this today.

I can highly recommend this clinic.

Dear Fellow Umpires,
We hope you have had a great spring and summer! It has gone by fast, as it usually does. The fall will be here soon. It is with much excitement that I announce the next NorthEast Umpire Clinic. The fall advanced clinic was a huge hit last year and we have decided to do it again! The clinic will be NOVEMBER 14-16. The chief instructor will be 2002 WORLD SERIES UMPIRE, MIKE REILLY. We are looking forward to having Mike. He has 25 years of MLB experience. Along with Reilly will be the same staff as previous years. Matt Hollowell (MLB/AAA), Justin Klemm (MLB/AAA), Rob Healey (AA ) and many other instructors. We will welcome back EASTERN LEAGUE PRESIDENT, JOE McEACHARN to the clinic. He will again be looking for fill-in umpires for the AA EASTERN LEAGUE. Five umpires from last years advanced clinic worked as fill-ins in the EL last year. The clinic will again be held at the Jack Cust Baseball Academy in Flemington, NJ. The cost of the this years clinic will be $300 per person. This will include a care package for every student. In the package will be a New Era NEUC hat ($20 value), an NEUC t-shirt ($15 value) and other NEUC items. Also, dinner will be provided Friday night. Part of this fee will go toward scholarships for umpires planning on attending professional umpire school in the winter of 2004. We highly recommend that you sign up early, we have had tremendous interest for this clinic over the summer. To secure your spot, send a $100 non-refundable deposit to the address below. We will not take everyone, to ensure a low instructor to student ratio. We look forward to seeing our old friends and meeting new ones!

Sincerely, NEUC Staff

NEUC
P.O. Box 1081
Flemington, NJ 08822
(908) 534-5422
[email protected]
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Several posters have been to both the regular and advanced clinics. I think all of us would highly recommend it.

Ed H
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Is there a website I can go to for more information on this clinic? I've heard many recomendations for this clinic and am considering attending. Any more info would be appreciated!
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to blarson
Call or email the address .

They don't have a website. If you use the email or phone they are usually very responsive.

Bob
Old Wed Sep 24, 2003, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NJumpire9
NEUC Nov. 14 -16

Hi,
I've been at all three Northeast Umpire Clinics as part of the support staff, and obviously much of the teaching rubs off on us, too. The cage work you get here is unsurpassed, and each student gets personal attention from a variety of major and minor league umps. The video taping is superb, and something to take home for the winter and practice with! Some of us got to work a few eastern (AA) league games this past summer. A great place to polish up the mechanics, and network.