View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 09, 2017, 12:19pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I like the college rule. I love the college rule. Because the main person that could even hear such a request would be the Center and that person cannot see the ball. Even then the ball is so far away from them this would still be a hard call.

Peace
The lead would be right in front of this coach or pretty close to him. He can see if the player possesses best he can and make a decision.....JUST AS WE DO in a HS game. To me, there's a better chance of granting this timeout with a coach allowed to request it.

I do think the player in the middle of the floor requests a time out in time, but there's no way the crew is getting that quickly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
How can #1 NOT be a crew saver? Unless you were having to look through players to see, that is so egregious you could see that from any spot on the floor, or the 30th row.
What are you SAVING the crew from? One missed travel call early in the first half?

If that damages the crew credibility, then the crew has damned little to begin with.

That said, if I see it out of my peripheral, I'm coming to get that. It's obvious and out in the open. But what if I'm watching two post players banging for position and I don't see it? It gets missed, life goes on.