View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 19, 2003, 10:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69

That may be true in your area, Jeff. I am just saying that I do have a couple of assignors that will expect you, as the R, to step up and say 'yeah WE screwed it up' even if it was your partner who did it, the opinion is you were not a good enough leader to help this weaker official rise to the needed level. Right or wrong, this is the way they find out who they can trust on the floor in the big games.

Oh, and btw, in response to Downtowntonybrown's earlier comment, in at least one conference that I work in the R does get paid more than the U1 or U2.

It is finally nice for you to point out that people do different things in different areas. Because in my area, if you are a weaker official, you will not work the game. You are all there (at least the HS level) there for a reason. If they feel someone has to carry another official, then they will not be there. Especially when there is a so-called "bigger game."

For the record, there are many college assignors that do not even assign who is what during those games.

Peace