Thread: Throw In
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2017, 02:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Dead Wrong ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I stand by my words and my position.
Friday night I had a partner who (as described to me after the game, because, as the lead, I didn't see the play) from the trail position observed a try bounce high off the rim and directly over the rectangular backboard, not touching any supports, falling in bounds on the court behind the backboard. The players didn't immediately go after the ball (because they thought it went out of bounds when it went over the rectangular backboard), and then it bounced, again, untouched, out of bounds, and I made my out of bounds call (my line). Not only did the players act odd (not going for the ball), but the coach questioned my partner.

After the game, when questioned by me about the play, he described the play to me (as I repeated above) and stated, unequivocally, the because the ball landed inbounds after going over the rectangular backboard, that going over the rectangular backboard was not a violation, but, rather, play on.

He also stood by his words and his position, but he was still wrong, dead wrong.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 05, 2017 at 02:34pm.