View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 01, 2017, 07:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Not in the example you cited. And in reality, it's meaningless. I'm not proffering a one size fits all solution to everything we don't agree with being called by a partner. Ergo my statement "...in this situation."

I'm responding to the OP, which is very clearly a misapplication of the rules. We can run this to the ridiculous conclusion if we must but let's keep it focused on BI/GT and slapping the backboard.

There is absolutely no element of this play, as described, that is subject to judgment.
He said slapping the backboard so hard that the ball feel off, but that might not have been the actual reason the call was made in the first place (talking about when it was called). He assumed that was the case and there still could be an element of the ball being touched or he felt the ball was touched. Not everything in this play is mutually exclusive. And again, not the point. Because if he disagrees with the call, he can mention it all he wants and his partner could have given him a reason he was not aware of as a violation.

Peace