Thread: T Worthy?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 02:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I've been doing this 15 years. I get the point. I'm over the point. There are times where toeing the company line doesn't get anything resolved. Would I recommend sarcastic responses to newer officials? No. But after a while enough is enough and I'm ok with NOT going to "rulebook" responses. Part of the art is how do you handle responses when you stray off course. That's where experience kicks in. Hopefully.

And saying we don't have an emotional investment is balderdash. We are human. Sometimes we get angry, happy, sad, and we may try our best to keep these "out" but that's unrealistic. First you have to accept them in before you can deal with your reactions. None more true than an ahole coach that crosses the line and gets T'd up. Say what you want but there are times where I get pissed after the T because they were complete jerks. A very small percentage of people in life NEVER have emotion. They are usually sociopaths. I don't think I'm one of them.
And I advocate that we do what works for us in our personality. If you are sarcastic and that comes natural to you, then you can use sarcasm. If you are a hardazz, then be a hardazz when you feel it is necessary. Most of the time we never have to get in the chest of a coach at all. Many are reasonable and will talk to you directly and calmly. But when they don't, sometimes we have to basically get to the basics of human interaction.

Peace