View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2017, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

I watched many of your plays and there's plenty there that i dont like as a fellow referee. Having said that, you are not going to get APG, Badnewsref, and JRut at that level as your referees. It's just a fact that they are not going to be as good. You say you "understand" refereeing is hard. I will tell you that unless you have done it, you dont understand.

I've done it 30 years, played high level, coached high level, coached low level, referee high level. Fan will say "didnt you see that?" I'll say "yep." Why didnt you call it? I say you will never understand until you do it. Sometimes the whistle just doesnt blow. I tell people id be the best referee on the planet if i could sit in the 10th row and call the game.

I think most fans go wrong because they think we really care about who wins there travel league or high school basketball game. 99% of officials could give a rats ass who wins. We just want a smooth game. The officials at your level just may not be that good. Why is that? Pay is low. They are asked to do multiple games. They try hard but make mistakes and idiot parents scream and yell. (Idiot parents are ruining youth sports by the way...that is another thread)

What i tell people and coaches is that i am part of your game. I AM GOING to SCREW UP. I hope i dont but i know i will. You know i will. You just have to be better to win.

Finally, somebody is doing something right because I see mistakes being made and i dont see players retaliating bitching and moaning. I only hear parents...which goes back to my point that parents are ruining youth sports. The doors should be locked with kids, coaches and referees only at some levels. Be much better game.