View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2017, 04:31pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I might watch all of these later, but I just saw the first few.

First, you're getting a T pretty quickly if I'm working. That's why I don't work much travel ball anymore.

On the first play, you're really starting this off by complaining about that free throw? Yes, that's technically a violation, but the reason it's not called is because no one wants us watching that closely for a violation there when we have rebounding action to watch. Don't get hung up on that. And if you're whining about us not calling this, we're tuning you out very very early. You'll be lucky if we hear you request timeout. We're not ignoring you on purpose, but allowing you to do your thing without it affecting us.

Those carries are marginal at best. Most of us aren't watching them that closely, especially on the plays where there's no immediate defender. You're majoring in the minors.

On the spin move, there's no way for us to tell, or for you to tell, when she actually gathered (held) that ball. Was it a missed travel? Maybe, but this camera angle doesn't make it clear.

I quit watching after that. Feel free to post individual plays and ask questions, you've been getting a lot of feedback from very experienced officials.

Moderator note: I think we'll let this run for a while.