Thread: T Worthy?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2017, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
"I know you're faster, coach, but we actually have to be right."
Over the last 2 years I have adopted a more "honest" approach to coaches and I like this line. I had an awful game this past Friday that had about 40 or so fouls.

At some point in the third quarter the HC and one of his assistants said, after a foul, that I was calling a lot and to "let them play". I responded with a very sarcastic line "It was my plan when I left my family at 6PM to blow my whistle this much and officiate such a sloppily played game." I said this while looking at them both.

Would I recommend this line to other officials probably not. But shortly after that the HC complained, again, about a call in a game in which he team was up 40. I told him flat out that I'm done with him and my patience are gone for the remainder of the game. 2 minutes later I have a block charge call that goes against him 80 feet away, he yells something across the court for lowering the shoulder, I T move one, game ends like 4 hours later.

Out of curiosity do others on here get so fed up with a game, like a huge sloppy blowout that you remove all rope for the winning team and their complaining?