View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Players: flip tucking their shorts for comfort

Does anyone know if there are any NFHS restrictions on players flipping their shorts under at the waistband in order to improve the fit from saggy? Anything in the NF "uniform policy" about this?
Reason I ask is because I worked a game wherein partner and I were watching teams warm up and he was against allowing them to do it; however, I said it did not matter to me--I saw nothing inappropriate by it. Looking closely at the player's shorts they did have one manufacturer's logo imprinted on the flipped out side and some strings dangling [something like a "Champions" or "Russell" wording--which is normal right?.
I only suggested to just tuck those draw strings inside for safety and OK to play with shorts flip-tucked. My partner held that this was not allowed--claiming that the new uniform policy forbade such. Again, we disagreed and I did not enforce it. Anyone know for sure if there is such a restriction? Or am I just choosing to kick this policy/rule? Or is this yet another example of referees making up things to suit their preferences?

Last edited by Kansas Ref; Tue Jan 17, 2017 at 01:01pm.