View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 16, 2017, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Lets keep in mind what happens when you start with a result or conclusion in mind and then go searching out data to support it . . .

That being said, at all levels game management is an issue. One of the factors in game management is not allowing this to escalate (getting it early, getting the ones you have to get, getting the first one, etc) If you are proximate to stronger reactions incited by no calls/calls I don't think you are making calls because of the reaction BUT would simply be human nature to ensure you made calls that limited the reaction and escalation.

Ie. You pass on a borderline call in a game where no one seems to care or notice you move on. While if you pass on a borderline call in a game and now kids/coaches fired up and game starts getting chippier; you make sure you get what you need to from now on to clean the game up. You aren't changing calls or making calls because they react but you understand that managing their reactions and emotions may require you to make more tighter calls or even unsportsmanlike calls to manage the game.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!