View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2017, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Not as wrong as the officials on that game.

Simply team technical fouls, not on the coach.
Also, once the first one was called, the 2nd player an go in without penalty.

This would be quickly discovered in my state, as all technical fouls on players and coaches are reported to the state. I can just imagine the response I'd get for that report.
Thanks for the explanation. So the 2nd player can go in without penalty even though he didn't check in at the same time as the first violation. Just want to make sure in case I'm ever in this predicament as a coach.

I talked with the coach afterwards, he said that he didn't put all of his freshman in the book (they had played a game before the JV game) because he didn't think they would need to play. But when the game got lopsided, he wanted to keep the game competitive. The last kid he wanted to get in the game was kind of the 'Rudy' of the team, and didn't get in the game. Coach was told by the ref that he would be tossed from the game if he put him in. Coach said he didn't want to have go through all the state protocol (taking a course on modeling behavior) to be reinstated after being thrown from the game or he would have put him in the game.