View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2017, 03:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
There are four classifications of OPI: 1) blocking downfield (or pick plays), 2) shoving or pushing off, 3) driving through a defender, and 4) the receiver turning into a defender.

http://www.nkoafootball.org/smembers...g/hardcall.doc
And he did none of those.

Offensive can run routes. They run routes by running from one position to another. If the defense goes with them, that is no them. There was no separation on the play or even any major push from the spot. The defender tried to take away the inside move (which many are taught to do) and never tried to go outside with the other receiver. Which this was likely a play designed by film study and figured the outside guy would bite on the play. He did and as an official, I need either separation or material contact to make that call, especially in this part of the field (notice I did not say game). The first play at the goal line was closer, but even then, the defender went with that guy as well. If he pushes off and gets separation, then maybe you have a flag. But that is very marginal. It was well executed and why there was no foul called either time if you ask me.

Peace