View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2017, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
If this is 8th grade C ball, does that mean that there is an 8th grade A and B team, both with probably about 10 players each, meaning that the C team is made up of the 21st-30th most talented girls in the school?

Makes me wonder at what point do we simply start telling kids that basketball may not be their sport and encourage them to find something else to be successful in.
When I was in school they had Jr. High School instead of Middle School, so 7th, 8th and 9th were grouped together. We had an A, B, and C team in 7th, an A and B in 8th and 9th grade was "Varsity". The C team wasn't always the worst 12 players on the "team". Instead, they divided the players up so that the best players could get more playing time and was usually broken down by position (i.e. why have your 3rd best guard sitting the bench, when he/she could start for the B team). Typically the C team was weakest, but it was usually a product of having the least "game" experience since there weren't that many other schools with C teams.