View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2017, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Mea Culpa ... I lost my mind

Fanboy parent came out for the first time in a long time...

But could any of you have kept a lid on it?

Preamble to the actual play where I lost it... this is 8th grade C ball (so I generally sit there and cheer like a good Dad, and explain calls or the rules to my wife). Ref had already called, 3 times, balls bouncing straight off the backboard, but somewhat near the top, as out of bounds for hitting the top of the backboard. Ref had already missed a girl dribbling, cut off, taking a step backward to make space and then levelling the defender with a shoulder and elbow. Ref had consistently waited WAY WAY WAY too long (to the point of it being a safety issue) on many jump balls (this is 8th grade C after all).

I'm a good boy through all of this.

Opposing team is up by 3 with 2 minutes to go, inbounding after my daughter's team scored.

She takes it out of bounds, sees no teammate to inbound to, throws it to the REFEREE... who is almost to the free throw line extended, near a sideline. Referee not only doesn't get out of the way ... referee CATCHES the ball, throws the ball back to the inbounder, who was now 4 steps onto the court ... and we keep playing.

Yes. I confess. I lost my mind.

West Houston Mike