View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 08, 2017, 11:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
Appreciate the feedback but respectfully disagree.

It's not the only thing I require but I sure would not allow lateral or oblique movement of a secondary defender (even an inch or two) into an airborne shooter, which is indeed stated as a foul in the rulebook.

I was mentored under the old adage of giving the defender the benefit of the doubt and for them to take it in the chest to get that offensive charge call. With the induction of the RA in the college game, you do yourself more harm in keeping with that thought process. The supervisors I work for have instructed their staff to move away from that philosophy and that was a directive given above them. It's taken some time but I'm doing my best to adhere to the change.

We either adapt or get passed by those who do.
You have every right to disagree. But I think we are splitting hairs if that is lateral movement after the shooter has left the floor. But again this is after all a judgment call. The officials on the game called a foul on the defender. I would hope I would not in this case. And the RA only comes into play if you have them in the RA in the first place, which it does not look like that is the case. But it was asked by the OP to see if that was the case. Also my comment about giving the benefit of not penalizing the defender if they are not "perfect." The shooter could have pulled up. But again that is the philosophy that I live by.

Peace