View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 08, 2017, 04:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I agree it's not an NCAA situation.

I also claim that if it *were* an NCAA situation, that the ruling would be the same and that subs would be allowed in. And, I claim that this is covered by rule in both cases and that the official does not have any discretion to "make it fair" (or whatever specific words you used).

I also claim that your blanket statement, "The NCAA is specific about the last minute of the game will not allow subs on an inadvertent horn or whistle" is false. There are times -- most times -- where the sub is allowed. If you didn't mean it as a blanket statement, then I post my clarification only for those who might mistakenly read it that way.

(And, I'm still waiting for the case play you mentioned back in post #4)
The reality to this situation it was created by the table doing something they are not supposed to be doing.

I am also not home (have not been home since Friday afternoon as a lot of) so I did not bring my book with me. Either way, it does not matter, this situation is not specifically covered in the rulebook you have the right to make some decisions. I am not just bring in subs when a table created a situation that would not have been taken. Because a team might have been unfairly penalized (like bring in a sub that would not influence action when they would not have been coming into play). Case play or not, to me unless this specific situation is covered, you have the right to decide what is the right thing to do. Always has been that way and always will be that way.

Peace