View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2017, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno View Post
I wouldn't ignore the horn as the table might be trying to inform us of an error. A correctable error (and who wants those) might be avoided if we blow the whistle.
The official might be able to look at the table to assess what is happening (look for a sheepish grin, the "my bad" motion, waving the official to the table, etc.) And the table should wait until the ball is dead to signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbilica View Post
Yesterday, I was working as the clock operator in my son's middle school game and the officials (from my IAABO board) failed to award the 2nd free throw to the visiting team on the 8th foul. This was despite verbal confirmation between the table and the officials that there would be two shots. In addition, the lead official announced two shots when he bounced the ball to the shooter. So, when the home team grabbed the rebound of the missed first free throw, the visiting team coach and I were both surprised when the officials allowed the game to continue. When they crossed into the front court and were about to take a shot, the visiting coach was beside himself. So, I hit the horn hard and explained that they get one more free throw. So, the officials went back down to the other end and administeted the 2nd free throw. It ended up being a big play in the game.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I'm not sure why two FTs are awarded on the 8th foul, but even if there is an issue -- the table should wait until the ball is dead (in these instances).