View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2017, 03:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The official on the court thought the contact was sufficient for a foul. Before he could blow his whistle, the player adjust to the contact by passing instead of shooting. It seems obvious to me that he was planning to shoot when the contact was made, regardless of what he decided to do in the split second between the contact and the whistle (the whistle was quick, quick enough for the player to know a foul would be called).
Never suggested it was not an actual foul. Just stating that how and who and where would factor in to me. Fouled on his arm might change my mind about what he was prevented to do. Fouled on his leg, I might not think anything different. Again, the angle is horrible for our usage. I would ask the official for why they called the foul.

Quote:
As I've said elsewhere in this thread, I'm comfortable knowing that other officials may judge this differently, but if it's a play I don't even have a whistle on, I'm not offering assistance or information. I'll tell him what I saw if he asks.
Well I have and would in the future. Just like giving them information about the ball going in the basket. It is up to the calling official to make their ultimate decision.

Quote:
On the first play, I'm going to backtrack a bit. I'd likely ask him for clarification due to my assumption that he was going with a non-shooting foul. Everyone had a whistle, so I wouldn't feel my input was unwarranted there.

I also agree with the others that it's contact that could easily have been passed on.
I feel the same way on that play as the second play. I am not sure it is a foul or not on some level because the angle is so far away and we are possibly blocked from the contact.

Peace