View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2017, 03:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Whatever contact there was came from behind. I don't think he jumped backwards into the air to draw the contact. and if he was faking the contact he's more likely to have thrown the ball up at the rim. I don't think this kid was faking the contact. I think it made him lose balance etc and then dump. Could he still have thrown something up. Likely, but i don't feel the rule requires he do that. The end for me.
I did not say he jumped back or even did something unnatural on purpose. Just pointing out that your position does not automatically mean you have a foul there. And that is why I said "I am not sure who fouled him" because I am not sure if he got fouled on his arm or on his legs. And that is really not the point, if he was shooting then shoot to make me have no doubt. Also I am not talking about what the rule requires or does not require. My point is that I have a decision to make and I am going with what is likely. He passed. Now you want me to get into his mind and suggest he was not doing something else when I see players pass from that position all the time.

Peace