View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2017, 01:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
(2) There's the "part we can sell" bit. Although I think #2 is one where I could more easily sell a shot attempt, I see Jeff and APG's point, too. If I say, "on the pass" and inbound on the end line, I can easily sell that.

There are exceptions to this. I had a player get fouled under the basket and the foul prevented the player from finishing her shooting motion. The coach was adamant that it was not on the shot, saying, "that didn't even get above her waist!" Well, so what?
Keep in mind, my point of view on this is strictly the situation in this play. It looks like he could be shooting, but he passed at the end of it. Why do that if you are shooting? Players jump and pass all the time. It is very common in the game today, so why would I be surprised by that action in the end. After all the player was passing to a wide open player as he drew the defense. That is very common. Many times player go at the basket, only to throw the ball to an open shooter in the corner or at the top of the key. So knowing that, what do we have to fall back on? If the player cannot release the ball or gets it knocked out of his hand, then I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But I do not see many times where a player is fouled on a shot and then pass as a result. So I am going with what is likely. Unless I am in the player's head, I will not know for sure, but I know what they did.

I will say this again. This is why I will support anyone's call on this. I might give them information, but it is a regular play in a game and likely did not even deciding the game.

Peace