View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 12:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
The only thing we pregamed was what we were doing if we whack a coach. We didn't address player T's, so the consensus seems to be that we could have possibly avoided the confusion by doing so.
The reason I pregame this is so that we know that there are times that we might go away from a coach or stay and talk to a coach. Usually a player T needs some level of explanation to a coach that is acting reasonably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
However, it seems like the majority opinion is that staying tableside after a player T is generally the right thing to do, and that the R didn't need to come in to "rescue" the young guy (who was in his third season). That probably only made it harder for the U2 to gain any respect from the coach. I can see the logic more so if this was a guy in his first varsity game who was obviously very nervous, but this official knew exactly what he was doing and deserved to be on this game (my feeling is if you're working college basketball like this guy then there's no reason you can't do a varsity game). We should have whacked the coach, and the R shouldn't have been so insistent on avoiding the T.
And if you pregame this, then you might find out the R's position and you come to either a consensus or just tell that you want the option to talk to a coach. Again, it is not a long drawn out conversation, but at least you have some idea of what personalities you are dealing with in this situations.

I do not like to even go opposite table after a player fouls out. I called the foul, I can deal with the coach. I am grown and can handle myself almost all the time in those situations. I would rather have a coach and I dialog standing close to each other than him yelling across the court. But everyone is not like that.

Peace