Thread: Part 2 test
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 18, 2016, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Is this (below) what you guys are hanging your hat on (for a team technical rather than a player technical)?

Following a time-out or intermission, the resumption-of-play
procedure may be used to prevent delay. The administering official will sound the
whistle to indicate play will resume. The ball shall be placed at the disposal of the
thrower or placed on the floor and the count shall begin. Either or both teams may
be charged with a violation. Following a violation by one or both teams, if the
offending team(s) continues to delay, a technical foul shall be ruled.

Is it the fact that "offending team" and "technical foul" are found in the same sentence?

I was using this (below) as after timeout a technical foul is not charged immediately, but rather, the ball is first placed at the disposal of the free throw shooter (that's the resumption-of-play procedure), then the player technical foul is charged.

A player shall not: Delay the game by acts such as:
The free thrower fails to be in the free-throw semicircle when the official is
ready to administer the free throw unless the resumption-of-play procedure
is in effect following a time-out or intermission.

Along with this (below) (I'm aware that this isn't a ROP):

Since this situation is not a throw-in or following a time-out or intermission, the resumption-of-play
procedure shall not be used. If the free thrower is not in the semicircle when the
administering official is ready, a technical foul is charged to the free thrower.

So, I'm back to this (below)?
You need to get a current rule book. 8-1-2 says it is a "team technical."
That is why...it is a team technical. You have not quoted the current 8-1-2. Yours is an older version.