Thread: Problem Player
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 16, 2016, 02:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
Deecee that's my thinking. I know the delay rule. For #2, I would have stuck him based upon the problem he'd been from the jump. In a regular situation though, I am pretty sure the first time it happened I would have placed the ball at the line and then called the violation as soon as he came to get it. I think by the plays I cited that is justified as well.

I get the 10-4-5(c). Totally get it. To me though, especially the 9.1.3 Situation I play seems to put forth a contradiction when it says may not leave OR ENTER after it is at the disposal. It does not mention ROP at all and neither does Rule 9-1-3 which deals with after the ball has been placed at the disposal of a free thrower.

Now you might be able to argue and convince me words have been omitted and the 10-4 wording trumps all. It perplexes me though that case plays in Rules 8 and 9 and Rules 8 and 9 appear to give conflicting guidance.

Maybe I am just reading too much into them.
I think the key is that the player left the semi-circle prior to the ball being at his disposal. This puts it into the 10-4 category, IMO.