Thread: Problem Player
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 16, 2016, 01:46pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
The one message I did give the crew was, from my perspective, they did too much talking and warning without ever setting the line and dealing with their problem children. The free throw line situation to me, rolling the ball away especially, would have earned #2 a T. The slap on the butt at the beginning I am not so sure for the reasons Deecee stated. When the official talked to him, he stopped, seemed to acknowledge, and slapped his butt. Inappropriate yes but I find it hard to believe most of us would have done anything other than playing on at that point. Would the radar mark #2? Yep.

As for the free throw situation, I know it is not an ROP situation but I am not sure I wouldn't have done what the Lead did. Tell him again get in and then deal with it. Those who disagree, and again I know the rule, if this just happened in one of your games and you didn't have the previous behavior issues, would you really have just stuck a player for not coming in?
I would have made one more request for #2 to come back to the line. If I didn't see immediate movement, then yes, I'd have stuck him. This one is a no-brainer because of his previous issues.

Had this been a model player up to that point, my request may have included a bit more (unannounced) time for compliance. #2 had already squandered all of his initial good will.

Either way, I wouldn't use RPP (simply because it's not called for in the rule.) I'm not faulting them for doing it. Either way, he gets the T when he rolls the ball to the bench (assuming the L was asking him for the ball).