View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 12, 2016, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Everyone has their own gauges as to what they do and don't enjoy and will and won't tolerate. Having an assignor that will support you is critical. I work a league where I probably take the least amount of crap from players of any of the officials. Most of that has to do with the fact that most of these officials aren't high school certified, and those that are are newer officials, so most of those guys don't have the stones to whack someone unless it gets REALLY, REALLY bad.

That being said, I took a few years off from wreck league a few years back, mainly because I didn't have time for it. But as our school district consolidated some schools, resulting in a lighter high school schedule, I went back to doing wreck league again 2 years ago. The money is decent($35 a game, 3 games per night), and I just don't put up with the idiots. I feel I'm pretty reasonable in communicating with players, but when they just switch to a-hole mode, I whack 'em and move on.

Decide what you want to put up with, see if it aligns with your assignor, and if it doesn't, get out.